Ethics publication in Alinear’s journal is a statement of all parties involved in the publication process of these Alinear’s journal, editor in chief, editors, reviewers, and authors. This code of ethics refers to the Regulation of the LIPI Number 5, 2014 that is:
- Neutrality: free from conflicts of interest in publication management;
- Justice: giving authorship rights to those entitled to be authors/writers; and
- Honesty: free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Chief Editor
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editor.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, bestari partners, and other parties.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and bestari partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors/writers, editors, bestari partners, and readers.
- Create code of conduct guides for editors and bestari partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Improve the quality of journals.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing so that readers can understand what the author wants to convey, through the comments written on the manuscript.
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing in accordance with the EYD (Enhanced Spelling) language or language that conforms to the standards of the journal.
- The editor seeks to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis;
- The editor promotes freedom of opinion objectively,
- The editor submits corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when necessary,
- The editor ensures that the author's writing is not related to SARA or anything that can harm the Publisher and coordinates the author's writing to the editor in chief of the publisher if the article is slightly controversial.
- The editor receives, reviews, and follows up on complaints from all parties involved in publishing the journal;
- Editors support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- The editor does not defend the opinion of the author or a third party which may result in an objective decision,
- The editor encourages authors/writers, so they can make improvements to their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
- The editor does the layout of the manuscript to be published so that it matches the journal template.
- The editor helps the chief editor in finalizing a collection of manuscripts before they are printed and published, especially in terms of language, format and layout.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Provide written feedback that is objective and without bias regarding the scientific value and contribution of the manuscript to the development of science;
- Indicate whether the writing of the manuscript is clear, complete, and relevant, and whether the manuscript is in accordance with the scope of the journal;
- Do not provide personal criticism or comments; and
- Maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript, by not discussing it with unrelated parties, or disclosing the information contained in the manuscript to other parties.